- Start, maintain or grow your quiet time. A certain time and place are essential.
- To maintain a daily walk and fellowship with God
- To allow God to speak to your heart
- To enhance your prayer life
- To establish a biblical mindset
- Meditation of scripture, prayer
- To learn the art of surrender and to live in an atmosphere of devotion
- To have fellowship with other Christians.
- Seasons of intense bible study
- To learn to witness.
- Learn to lead someone in the sinner’s prayer.
- Go after a certain person.
- Salvation needed, provided, accepted.
- Write out your testimony.
Total surrender. Go somewhere spiritually you have never been before. Sanctification, consecration.
- Start tithing or learn to increase your giving.
- Until then, know this… you will never get ahead until you get your finances in order.
- You are under a curse.
- Start where you are. As you are prospered.
- Prioritize tithing.
- No tithing, no obedience.
- Stop being critical and gossiping.
- Remember we do not get a free ride. If you live a critical life you will be judged for it.
- Get out of the seat of the scornful.
- Learn to be positive.
Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers.
A perverse man stirs up dissension, and a gossip separates close friends.
The words of a gossip are like choice morsels; they go down to a man’s inmost parts.
A gossip betrays a confidence; so avoid a man who talks too much.
Without wood a fire goes out; without gossip a quarrel dies down.
As charcoal to embers and as wood to fire,
2 Corinthians 12:20
I fear that there may be quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, factions, slander, arrogance and disorder.
- Put your family first. Restore broken relationships. Make things right with others as it depends on you.
- This does not mean you become a door mat.
- They must repent for forgiveness to be given.
- Don’t take revenge. Let God deal with it.
- Stand up for yourself properly.
- Start using your spiritual gifts. Serving Jesus brings Joy.
1 Corinthians 12:4-8
Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord. There are varieties of effects,but the same God who works all things in all persons. But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.
- Prioritize your life. Learn what’s important.
Personal relationship with God, family, work, amusements.
- Stop a bad habit. Take a step of Faith.
- Stop smoking, drinking, gossiping, eating badly, lying, bad thoughts, low self-esteem, FB, iPhone, sleeping, e.g.
- Take on a new ministry or job. Do something new.
- Learn to worship like God wants you to. Learn to praise Him. Ask the question, “Lord am I worshiping you like you want me to.”
Closing: When this year is over what will be the outcome of your goals that you set? Maybe you have not set any goals. Maybe you will be the same as you were this year. I believe that God wants us to change and to grow. What will you do with your time this year? Make a list of goals for this year.